Android / Kotlin
OUR UPS DEVELOPING WITH ANDROID / KOTLIN
– Faster compilation time in terms of incremental build then Java.
– Full interoperability with Java. All libraries that are written in Java will 100% work in Kotlin.
– Google/Android and as well as its community is slowly moving towards Kotlin. All of its new libraries from Google and 3rd party libraries started migrating their source code to Kotlin.
– Both statically and strongly-typed language. This attribute of the language will shorten some its code that means much cleaner, easy to read, and maintain if it applied correctly.
OUR OUPS DEVELOPING WITH ANDROID / KOTLIN
– Least popular programming language than Java which implies has less community support than Java because it was fairly new to Android.
– Mixing statically and strongly-type coding style will get your code too messy.
– Can be quite challenging when you just started developing apps without Java programming knowledge. All of its Android core libraries written in Java, it is best to learn Java first then Kotlin.